Do you know why Azurill looks so depressed in this game? Because it SUCKS. At least for now. It will get better later. I think.
Also, mini spoiler alert: Despite what I say in this episode, I do NOT overlevel for Cheren. I only train to 14, the level limit. Just making that clear in case you were worried I was going to break a rule, but I have a feeling not everyone is going to read this. Oh well, I tried.
Livestreams (Twitch): http://www.twitch.tv/aquablade11
Duo-Type Nuzlocke Rules
1. If a Pokemon of mine faints for whatever reason, it is considered dead and can never be used again. I will be placing mine in a specified PC Box where they will never be withdrawn again.
2. I can only catch my very first encounter in any route or area, and it MUST be one of the two types that are determined at the beginning of the playthrough. If it is not one of these types, but can gain one of the types upon evolution, it may be captured (Example: if Ground was one of my types, Nidoran may be captured, as Nidoking/queen attain the Ground type upon evolution). Any encounter that is not one of these types, and never will be, may not be caught, and I may keep trying until I find one that fits the criteria. To save me the trouble of searching, I am allowed to look up possible encounters for a route to see if there are any there in the first place. The two types of this playthrough are Water and Electric.
3. If my first encounter is a Pokemon I have already captured, or is part of the same evolution line, I am NOT allowed to catch it, no matter what. These encounters do not count, and I will keep trying until I find one that fits the criteria (Note that many routes won't have ANY possible encounters). If I fail to capture a Pokemon at any point, I do not get to retry on that route. If I do, however, encounter that specific Pokemon again on a later route, it does not count as a duplicate due to me never actually catching it, so it will count as the encounter for that route.
4. I may not intentionally level my Pokemon past the highest leveled Pokemon of the next Gym Leader to face. If it happens beyond my control, an exception can be made, but each instance will be looked at individually. Sometimes I may say that the overleved Pokemon may not participate in the battle, but not always, depending on the individual situation. After all, with the limited amount of Pokemon available, I might not have a choice on how fast they level up.
5. In options, my battle style must be on "set", which makes it so I cannot automatically switch Pokemon upon defeating one of the opponent's.
6. The Bag cannot be accessed during battle, which means I cannot heal or use x items. The only items I may use during battle are held items, or Pokeballs if I am fighting my first legitimate encounter of the area.
7. Any move that does nothing but restore HP is not allowed. Examples are Recover and Morning Sun. Examples that are okay to use are Leech Seed and Mega Drain, as these have an effect other than solely restoring HP.
8. The entirety of this playthrough will be played on Challenge Mode.