-- Infiniti, the luxury automotive brand from Japan, has announced the launch of a new free-of-charge Apple® iPad® app for their award-winning brand magazine, adeyaka.
The iPad version of the current adeyaka publication which is distributed as a print edition in Europe, Russia, the Middle-East and Canada, and online (www.adeyaka.com), has been designed by the Germany-based corporate publishing specialist, Köckritzdörrich, to offer iPad consumers worldwide a truly 'life-like' premium digital magazine which delivers a yet unseen, unique reading, and fully interactive experience.
The bespoke highly-innovative app combines the 'look and feel' and editorial approach which has made adeyaka one of the most-highly acclaimed brand magazines, with a modern and avantgarde layout to deliver one of the most digitally advanced publications available today on the iPad. Unlike many other magazine apps, adeyaka is not just a PDF-version of the existing magazine or restricted to Europe and a limited period of use, but has been developed specifically for the iPad to make full use of the device's multimedia functionality, a first for the automotive sector. The touch and scroll function allows the simple and rapid navigation through the familiar Lobby, Lounge, and Gallery zones where readers have instant access to a suite of nine feature articles, the largest selection available from any carmaker, made up of the equivalent of over 170 pages of print content, which span from the Japanese heritage of the Infiniti brand through to the modern day.
The dynamic and user-friendly functionality of the app has equally enabled Infiniti to bring the adeyaka experience to life using eleven cleverly embedded high quality videos and over two hundred images, in addition to fourteen 360-degree swivel and pivot animations to explore the interior and exterior specification of the entire Infiniti model range. Furthermore, Infiniti is also the first motor manufacturer to debut the facility whereby users can either e-mail or directly share articles from the iPad version of the magazine in an Adobe PDF format, or post a click through on the wall of their Facebook social networking profile, permitting friends to view and download the pages recommended by readers.
Andreas Sigl, General Manager, Global Brand Innovation, Infiniti says: "We are constantly looking for innovative solutions which not only provide a greater opportunity for readers worldwide to interact with the brand, but also those which continually evolve the rich and exciting content of an award-winning publication such as adeyaka. The recently launched iPad has provided an ideal platform for which to challenge existing boundaries and take the magazine to the next level and once again be at the forefront of technological innovation for which Infiniti is renowned."
Carl Phillips, Senior Manager, Global Advertising and Marketing, Infiniti, explains: "The new adeyaka iPad app is a unique and exciting proposition which combines our brand values with a rich multimedia experience to bring our 'inspired performance' philosophy to life with users across the globe. Readers can now delve deeper into the brand using the interactive technology and discover what it means to be part of the Infiniti ownership experience."
The adeyaka iPad app is available to download from the Apple iTunes Store at www.apple.com/itunes http://www.apple.com/itunes.
Key features of the adeyaka iPad app include:
• The only carmaker to introduce a truly global non-PDF based magazine;
• Fully interactive front cover on first iPad adeyaka issue where the user can create their own kaleidoscope shape using a tilt & swivel movement of the iPad;
• Layout of digital version of adeyaka specifically designed to make full use of the iPad's landscape and portrait viewing functions whilst maintaining the magazine's advanced artistic layout;
• Embedded links within articles to navigate directly to pre-defined pages on the Internet (subject to a live connection) without having to leave the app;
• Access to all multimedia offline mode following download of the App (450 MB);
• A total of 25 minutes of high quality videos ranging in length from one to three minutes.
• More than 200 high-resolution photos;
• A total editorial/story content equivalent to a full magazine (approx 172 pages);
• Two self-running image slideshows;
• Pinch, zoom, and scroll media gallery functions;
• Context sensitive fields included in articles for additional information; and
• Integrated reader survey for direct feedback to Infiniti on the adeyaka iPad app.