What is better for pleasing your current customers and attracting new ones than a delicious special offer? Probably nothing.
This video tutorial covers setting up Special Promotions in PrestaShop 1.7.5.
Begin with going to Catalog - Discounts.
In ‘Cart Rules’ tab hit the ‘Add new cart rule’ to create your special promotion.
Here you can see three tabs: Information, Conditions, and Actions.
In ‘Information’ you fill in the general data of your promotion rule:
- the name of the rule, visible to a customer;
- the description which is visible only at the admin panel, but still needs to be clear and understandable;
- the promo-code your customers will need to fill in to get the discount. It also can be automatically generated;
- ‘Highlight’ – if the voucher is not in the cart, it will be displayed in the cart summary;
- ‘Partial Use’ – allow/disallow the voucher application if the value of discount it gives is bigger than the total amount of the order;
- ‘Priority’ – differentiate the number of vouchers if you have more than one;
- press “Yes” to enable the cart rule in ‘Status’.
Click ‘Save and Stay’ to proceed to the next tab, which is ‘Conditions’. You will find here the following fields:
- ‘Limit to a single customer’ if you want the rule to be applied to only one person.
- ‘Valid’ – the period this rule will apply.
- ‘Minimum Amount’ – the minimum sum after exceeding which the rule can apply.
- ‘Total Available’ – the number of clients who will be using the Cart Rule.
- ‘Total Available For Each User’ – here you can limit the times a Cart Rule can be used by one customer.
- ‘Restrictions’ – limit the rule to a certain group of customers, carrier or product.
The third tab is ‘Actions’. There you need to configure the following:
- Free Shipping.
- Apply a Discount. Choose the type of a discount applied to the order.
- Exclude discounted products – disallow voucher use for the products already on sale.
- Send a free gift – a gift will be automatically given to the person who uses the voucher.
As you have filled in all the fields and configured settings, click ‘Save’– and your special promotion is ready.
BelVG is a leading ecommerce development company with 10 years of experience primarily specialized in Magento and PrestaShop development. The staff of experienced certified developers has launched 100+ online stores worldwide including the EU, Australia, North America while 120 BelVG extensions are installed on 50k websites. Focused on customer’s preferences, BelVG consisting of 50 members successfully handles the variety of different ecommerce needs.
OUR PRESTASHOP STORE:
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK:
LIKE US ON INSTAGRAM:
READ US ON TWITTER:
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FIND US ON LINKEDIN:
MORE PRESTASHOP TUTORIALS:
INTERESTED IN MAGENTO?