I will show you a complete one day itinerary for Santorini, Greece.
In this video, I'm going to show you the best things to do in Santorini, Greece that you can do in just one day. This is part of a private tour/excursion that I did from the MSC cruise line.
This is another part of my Greece series. More vlogs to come!
➜ Book cheap tours for your vacation here: https://lifeofl.in/tripadvisor
➜ Get $40 now for AirBNB and live in a charming local apartment and save money over pricey hotels: http://lifeofl.in/airbnb
➜ Must See Sights in Venice, Italy: http://lifeofl.in/venice2
➜ Check out my MSC Musicia Suite review video here: http://lifeofl.in/mscmusica
➜ Please subscribe for more AWESOME TRAVEL VLOGS: http://lifeofl.in/subscribe
Travel tips for Santorini, Greece:
- The last tender boat back to the ship leaves at 4:30.
- Allow ample travel time for your destinations. You need to drive to the popular sites.
- Plan for big lines to get back onto the ship is bonkers for the cable cars and tenders!
- If you can, get premium disembarking packages. You get two tickets that let’s you disembark before everyone else. This saves you so much time! My tour guide told us her coworker was still waiting for their customers to disembark 1 hour later.
- Book a private tour guide to take us around Santorini. It will save you a lot of time.
- Walk in the REVERSE of all of the ship tours in the mornings and you'll skip all of the crowds.
- It cost 6 euros a person for a one way ticket for the Santorini cable car. Remember to bring some cash as it is cash only. For the best view sit on the right side of the gondola. You'll be facing the ocean instead of a hill.
- AVOID walking on the donkey trail. It's slippery and you can easily fall or get kicked by the donkeys. I also wouldn't ride the donkeys as it's expensive and they look miserable.
- I recommend this tour company: https://www.the-travel-insiders.com/
The good thing is because we booked tours from 3 different cities we got a 10% discount.
Top Things to Do and See in Santorini:
- Oia -
Oia is famous for viewing the sunset. I heard it was beautiful because different colors from the sunset bounce off the white buildings. It must be a romantic place to be.
Oia is such a beautiful place to visit. There’s all these little narrow paths everywhere because it helps reduces the wind and also to protect them from pirate attacks. This way they cannot attack with a huge army but instead are forced to enter one by one because the streets are so narrow.
- Black Sand Kamari Beach -
Santorini is unique because it’s one of the few places where you can visit white, black, and red beaches all on one island. Bring towels or a bathing suit as it's a nice, pretty place to relax and enjoy the ocean.
- Pyrgos -
Pyrgos is a typical example of medieval architecture with narrow, twisty streets, fortified walls and hidden passages. If you want peace and quiet away from all the tourists then this town is a must visit. It was mostly just to see the buildings in a much quieter setting compared to Oia.
- Venesantos Winery -
Because it's so windy on Santorini, the farmers and vineyards grow crops in a unique way…for example, the wine grapes are grown on the ground in bunches rather than on vines.
The wine grapes on Santorini are grown with no irrigation! The vines get all their necessary water from “sea fog” which is a mix of humid ocean air and moisture from the active volcano. I loved their wine so much we bought two bottles.
I wish I could buy more but we didn't have any more room left in our suitcases. But they ship their wines to these places - maybe one day in the future I will find their wines there.
∙• Instagram (see beautiful travel pics!): @https://www.instagram.com/the.life.of.lin ∙•
∙• Facebook (connect with me!): https://www.facebook.com/lifeoflin/ •∙
➜ Watch more videos from my channel here: http://bit.ly/2yGbpeP
#santorini #travelvlog #travel #greece #tours
Music by: Nicolai Heidlas - Chill Tune