TCOYWC is a program that provided opportunities for One Young World (OYW) Ambassadors and socially engaged young leaders to network, have interpersonal relationships, and explores opportunities for collaboration as well as gain insights into a range of emerging social issues such as youth development.
One Young World is a United Kingdom (UK-based) charity that selects the brightest young leaders from around the world, empowering them to make lasting connections to create positive changes, social impact and contribute to human development. At the annual summit, delegate’s debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces. At past summits delegates were joined by a line-up of counsellors that included Justin Trudeau, Emma Watson, Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, Sir Bob Geldof, Kofi Annan, Sir Richard Branson, Meghan Markle, Professor Muhammad Yunus, Jamie Oliver, Jack Dorsey and Mary Robinson.
During my engagement with this program in Trinidad, my focus was Entrepreneurship and Social Business in Guyana; the future of education; challenges and opportunities for Caribbean youth; and building inclusive communities.
The first-ever One Young World Inaugural Caribbean Caucus in Trinidad and Tobago; creating space, and exposure for both the One Young World brand and brand T&T!
2) Register over 175 registered participants, including social entrepreneurs, leaders of CBOs and NGOs, student leaders and activists from across the Caribbean!
3) Hold thought-provoking dialogue and testimonials on a range of urgent issues, including social inclusion, social entrepreneurship, environmental sustainability, health, educational access, Caribbean Development and the role of technology in redefining outreach,
4) Highlight over thirty trailblazing young leaders as speakers, moderators and exhibitors, and their excellent initiatives from across Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean!
5) Create much-needed networking opportunities so that participants can foster collaboration and enhance their outreach,
6) Build increased awareness of brand One Young World!